Commercial and Legal specialise in all matters relating to property.
We advise and assist in the following commercial leases:
- Preparation of new Lease;
- Extension of Lease;
- Termination of Lease;
- Assignment of an existing Lease;
- Variation of an existing Lease;
- Disclosure Statements; and
- Registration of a Lease on the Title.
We act for small, medium, large and government clients and provide legal advice, drafting lease documents, negotiating leases, enforcing lease agreements on either landlords or tenants and representing clients in disputes.
Given that there is no single commercial lease agreement used in the market, lease agreements can favour the landlord more than the tenant, or vice versa, so it is important to consider all the legal and financial issues that our lease specialist lawyer will advise you on.
Before signing a commercial lease, you should consider the following:
- Licenses or permits;
- Business growth which may impact the term of lease provision;
- The term of lease and the granted option at the end of the lease (South Australian laws allow registered leases to be a minimum of 5 years);
- Physical condition of the premises and who will pay for certain repairs;
- Alterations to the property;
- Chattels including fit outs being attached to the property;
- Insurance; and
- Any other matter that may be peculiar to your tenancy (e.g. grease traps).
The complexities under the Retail and Commercial Leases Act 1995 (SA) and its associated Regulations make it important for commercial clients to seek legal advice.
For further information, please contact our office on (08) 8206 8444.
Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation